Monday, January 13, 2014

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Ladybird


The Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Ladybird is part of the permanent Kat Von D collection at Sephora.  It contains 8 matte eyeshadows that I'm finding perfect for winter.

Sorry I don't have a better picture of the palette with the mirror, but the mirror is spring loaded and really wants to lay flat, which isn't terribly conducive to photographing.  The compact is sturdy with a generously sized mirror.  The compact is a hard plastic with a raised design.  It closes securely.


The palette contains 8 full sized .05oz eyeshadows and a mini autograph liner pencil in Immortal Love which is a rich dark brown.  the palette contains 4 cool toned shadows and 4 warm toned shadows.  All of the shadows are matte with nice texture and color payoff.


(daylight CFL)

(Indirect Natural Light)

These aren't the greatest matte formulation I've ever seen, but they're good.  I think this has a really nice mix of warm and cool shades.  Really, I think the only thing that's missing for me is a really dark gray, dark brown or black.  As far as a go-to matte shadow palette, this is pretty much it for me.  I know that people like to talk about the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette as a great matte palette (which it isn't), but I find this palette much more well rounded.


The Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Ladybird contains .4oz of eyeshadows and .028oz of pencil eyeliner.  It retails for $36 and is available exclusively at Sephora.

Overall:  8/10