Thursday, January 2, 2014

It Cosmetics Live, Love, Laugh Vitality Face Disc

Before we jump into the post, I just want to let anyone who bothers to read this blog know that I am working to address my lighting issues.  Sometimes it seems okay, but as we get into winter and natural light is less readily available, it becomes a bigger issue.  Lately it seems like my swatches are just not showing up true to life.  I'll keep you posted.

And moving on to the lovely :D ...


For Christmas I received this beauty as a present from the lovely Ollie, though I think his mom might have helped him pick it out ;).  Please notice the big thumbprint in the highlighter where I couldn't refrain from trying it out before I took pictures.


Here is the It Cosmetics official word on the disc:

Live, Love, Laugh Anti-Aging Vitality Face Disc is all about that healthy look of vitality for the face and body! This disc is substantial in size and has a jumbo mirror inside ― it's an all-in-one makeup must-have! The waterproof matte bronzer, illuminating highlighter, and anti-aging vitality blush shade are naturally pretty, yet infused with cutting-edge anti-aging ingredients hydrating ingredients, including hydrolyzed collagen, acai, green tea, and vitamins A, C, and E. Talc, paraben, sulfate, mineral oil, petrolatum, synthetic fragrance, and phthalate free. Hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic.


It certainly is substantial in size.  To paraphrase Ollie's mom, it's bigger than the blue banana.  That's not  a bad thing, but just be forewarned, it is large.  Very large.  This does mean that it has a large mirror, and tons of product, which are definitely pluses.  The packaging is similar to NARS in that it is a black rubberized packaging.  I'm not sure if it's susceptible to becoming gummy over time, but I'll let you know.

(daybulbs)

And here is where we get to the lighting issues.  Sigh.  The bronzer and the blush swatched very true to life, but the highlighter didn't at all.  In real life, it is a very subtle champagne color, not the chunky gold that you see in the photographs.  As soon as I get my lighting figured out, I will update this post.

(natural light)

(more natural light)

The blush is a gorgeous coral color with a satin finish.  The bronzer is matte and waterproof.  On me, it's a little too warm to use as a contour, but it's great for adding all over warmth.  The highlighter, as previously mentioned, is a soft shimmery champagne color.

All of these products wore fantastically well on my dry skin and hadn't faded noticeably at all by the time I took them off at around the 10 hour mark.  I can't speak to how waterproof the waterproof bronzer is, but if the opportunity ever presents itself, I'll let you know.


The It Cosmetics Live, Love, Laugh Vitality Face Disc contains a whopping 22.22 grams of product and retails for $38 wherever It Cosmetics are sold (which, I believe is the It Cosmetics website, QVC and Ulta).

Overall:  10/10