Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Essential Tools Hi-Def Angled Blush Brush

I have a lot of makeup brushes at all sorts of price points, but one of my favorite brushes is the Essential Tools Hi-Def Angles blush brush.  I use this for powder blush and bronzer just about every day.  I probably have 5 of these brushes.

 

This is a soft, dense natural hair brush.  It's tapered and definitely thin enough to be used for contouring.  




I buy these brushes at Wal-Mart.  I have no idea if the brand is exclusive to Wal-Mart.  I don't think I've ever seen the line at any other drugstores.  This line of brushes is incredibly affordable.  The Hi-Def Angled Blush Brush retails for $5.97.

The quality of the bristles is great, but the ferrules on these brushes leave quite a bit to be desired and often come loose, especially with regular washing.  At this price point, that isn't a deal breaker for me, but it definitely does drag down what is otherwise a fantastic brush.  None of my brushes have come completely apart yet, but there are several where the ferrules are very loose.

Have any of you tried the Essential Tools line?  Which brushes are your favorites?

Overall:  8/10