Thursday, December 12, 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Original Skin Blush in Orpheline

Quite a while ago, I picked up an assortment of Rouge Bunny Rouge products from Beautyhabit.  One of the things I picked up was their Original Skin Blush in the shade Orpheline.  Purchasing from Beautyhabit is considerably cheaper for people in the US than ordering direct from the Rouge Bunny Rouge web boutique, but even at a discount, this blush was still $28 for 3.5 grams of product.


The packaging is nice.  It's the high gloss black plastic packaging that most of the Rouge Bunny Rouge products have (the lipsticks are packaged in metal).  It has a nice sized mirror and closes securely.  The print on the top of the compact is mirrored in the product itself.



Rouge Bunny Rouge describes Orpheline as "Medium, warm strawberry with an illuminating radiance - Best on medium warm skin tones"  In person, it's not an overly warm pink and on a personal level, I find it super irritating when brands tell you which skintones something works best on.  As far as I'm concerned, makeup is about self expression and you should wear what you want.






The product has good pigmentation and it wears well on my dry skin.  I got six hours before it seemed to fade at all and around nine hours before it was really faded.  The color is nice and I do like that the pattern is actually embossed into the powder.




My gripe with this product is the price.  $28 for 3.5 grams of a pressed product is really expensive in my opinion.  And Rouge Bunny Rouge isn't a luxury brand.  It's mid range.  It's very much on par with MAC in terms of product and packaging.  So compare that with a MAC pressed blush, which is around 6 grams of product for $21 and these blushes just aren't a winning proposition for me.

Overall:  5/10

2 comments:

  1. Yea very expensive! But I really love their packaging, so sleep and adorable at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just wish they weren't so pricey.

      Delete