Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Maybelline ColorSensational Vivid Lipstick in On Fire Red

Okay, so this review has been a very long time in the making.  I picked up the Maybelline Vivid Lipstick in On Fire Red last winter and am just now getting around to reviewing.  Oops!  But it all works out because now I can review it just in time for holiday party season.


I have several lipsticks from the Maybelline Vivid line and overall, they are just fantastic quality.  On Fire Red is a classic primary red, slightly blue based.  It applied really well, very even.  I did need a couple of swiped for total opacity, but overall it was great.



The formula is very smooth and moisturizing and it wore really well.  I didn't have a problem with it settling into lip lines or clinging to texture, even when worn without a lip primer.  It also didn't feather on me, which is something of a miracle for a lipstick this creamy and pigmented.


The formula did stain my lips a bit (but show me a red that doesn't, ha!).  It's not a super long wearing formula, but I did get a good 6 hours of wear out of it before I really needed to touch up.  Obviously, if you're doing a lot of eating and/or drinking, that wear time will be diminished.


Maybelline ColorSensational Vivid Lipsticks contain .15oz of product and are available wherever Maybelline is sold.  I picked mine up at Target for under $6.

Overall:  10/10

2 comments:

  1. I actually love lipsticks that stain because after the product wears off there is still some color left :)
    Maybelline has some good lip products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybelline does have good lip products. I love it when the drugstore hits it outta the park.

      Delete