Monday, December 9, 2013

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes in 23L

In general, I am not a fan of pencil or kohl liners.  They have never worked well on me as liners (though they're fine as cream bases).  Even the much touted Urban Decay 24/7 liners melt off me in a matter of a couple of hours.

I've also worn hard contacts for most of my life, so any kohl or gel that is designed to go on the waterline wasn't something I could use.  But in the last couple of months, I switched to soft contacts, so now I can try out these products (YAY!)


I'm a huge fan of Cora from Vintage or Tacky and she's talked about her love for the Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 23L on the waterline to brighten eyes.  I've tried white eyeliners and I think they're too stark, so I decided to pick this up and give it a try.



Just like with the Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams, the color payoff is phenomenal.  The texture is super creamy with fantastic coverage.  And it last for a very long time, even on the waterline.


The Aqua Eyes in 23L is very similar in color to the Aqua Cream #13.  The Aqua Eyes is slighly less metallic.  

This is definitely a special occassion item for me.  I don't wear anything on my waterline on a daily basis and definitely wouldn't wear something this metallic unless I was going out.  It is a bit pricey, 1.2 grams of product for $18.  It's certainly something you could live without, but if you're looking to splurge a bit, this is a nice product to have around.

The Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in 23L is available wherever MUFE is sold.  I bought mine at Sephora.

Overall:  8/10

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a very very nice inner corner highlighter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to try these liners but since i bought a urban decay liner set i've been trying to use those up before i go for one of these. i always wait for MUFE's xmas liner sets. they're so worth it.

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was definitely a splurge, but I do love it.

      Delete