Saturday, December 21, 2013

MAC Extra Dimension Blush in At Dusk

I picked up all (yes all *cringe*) of the MAC Extra Dimension blushes that launched with the In Extra Dimension collection earlier this year.  One of my favorites out of that collection, At Dusk, is launching again with MAC's Magnetic Nude collection, which hits counters and websites the day after Christmas.

I know that all of the big beauty blogs have already reviewed this, but both Christine from Temptalia and Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog are very warm toned and considerably darker than me, so their swatches look nothing like what the product looks like on me.  I figured I would put some swatches out there in case any pasty pale people were wondering what it would look like on them.


The color is described by MAC as a mid-tone rose.  To me, it's pink.  When I think of rose, I think of something a bit darker in tone, edging towards berry.  At Dusk is pink.  On my cool, pale skintone, it is cool, but not crazy blue based.

(diffused natural light)

(daybulb CFLs)

This is one of those shades that I absolutely love because it can provide definition and color without making your look all about the blush.  It's just lovely and on me, it looks very natural.

The Extra Dimension blush formula is nothing like the Extra Dimension MSF formula.  The blushes, to me, are somewhere between a satin and a matte.  They have some dimension to them, but they're not shimmery at all.  They have fantastic pigmentation and texture.  They apply very evenly and they wear well.  I have dry skin so most blushes do wear well on me, but I get a solid ten hours out of these before they are noticeably faded.  This is hands down my favorite blush formula from any brand.


 The MAC Extra Dimension blush in At Dusk is (of course *sigh*) limited edition.  It will launch at counters and online in North America on Dec. 26, 2013.  The Extra Dimension blushes contain 6.5 grams of product and retail for $25.  If you haven't checked them out yet, I would highly recommend them.  I plan on picking up the other two blushes in this collection.

Overall: 10/10