Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Barielle One Shade of Gray

Barielle is a nail polish brand that I've heard about from Judi at Middle Aged Beauty Queen, but it's not really a brand that I've seen in stores.  I did run across a pack of 5 polishes from the brand in TJ Maxx a few months ago and so I picked it up.


The pack contained 5 nail polishes, but I'm going to start with this one, #5258 One Shade of Gray.  It is a cream finish dark gray.  It's more on the warmer side of gray, more taupe-y than blue.  It doesn't make me look dead the way some grays can and I think this is a perfect shade for winter.


This was the first of the Barielle polishes that I tried and I was absolutely blown away by the quality.  The color was opaque in one coat.  One Coat.  And it wore incredibly well.  I wore it for a week with only minimal tip wear.  That NEVER happens.  Everything chips on me.  I have really thin, flexible nails and most polish will last a day or two on me before it looks so bad I have to remove it.  But this Barielle polish held up phenomenally well (and this has been the case with every color I've tried so far).


Bottom line, this polish is fantastic.  I got mine in a pack at TJ Maxx, but you can pick Barielle up from the Barielle website or from a variety of other online retailers (I'm not sure about which brick and mortar stores carry the line, if anyone knows, please leave me a comment).  The polishes contain .45oz of product and generally retail for $8 per bottle.

Overall:  10/10