Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow


Yet another tongue twister, here is the Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow by Too Faced.  It is a mineral blush with three distinct color stripes that can be worn individually, or swirled together.  


This blush released with the Too Face Boudoir Beauty collection for Spring 2013.  I do not believe that it is a permanent product.  I fell in love with this when I first saw pictures in early 2013 and it sat on my wishlist for a very long time.  However, during one of Ulta's 20% off sales, I went ahead and picked it up.


The colors from left to right are a bright blue-based berry pink, a warm yellow-based neutral pink and a warm shimmery peach.  The colors can also be swirled together.  The resulting color looks very similar to the middle color in my opinion.

(L - swirled together; R - individual stripes)



I am not crazy about the packaging.  It is cute, that's for sure.  But it's cardboard and foil and it's just not particularly resilient or easy to stack in a makeup drawer.


This is my first blush from Too Faced and overall, I am very impressed with it.  It isn't my favorite blush ever, but it has good pigmentation and wear time.  The colors are very true to pan.  The stripes are large enough to be used individually, but the colors when swirled together are also quite lovely.

This blush contains 5.3 grams of product and retails for $29 while supplies last where Too Faced is sold.

Overall:  8/10

4 comments:

  1. The packaging is cute, but I get what you mean about the cardboard. So glad you are enjoying the blush! I am very curious to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the packaging is a let down, the product itself is awesome!

      Delete
  2. Wow that packaging is cute, though I wish it was made out of tin instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. They actually made the eyeshadow palette in this collection out of tin (rather than most of their other palettes that are cardboard), so it was especially a bummer that the blush packaging was cardboard.

      Delete