Thursday, July 11, 2013

NARS Pure Radiant Creamy Concealer


I've had the new NARS Pure Radiant Creamy Concealer since it first launched and I have not gotten around to reviewing it.  I love the consistency of this product.  It has phenomenal pigmentation, good staying power and (applied carefully), I don't have an issue with it settling into lines.


The biggest surprise for me was that I didn't need the lightest color.  I picked up the shade Vanilla and it is a great match.  The pigmentation, as stated before, is phenomenal.  I have some pretty serious under eye circles and this product covers them like a charm without needing to apply a ton of it.



I generally set the concealer with Laura Mercier's Under Eye Brightening Powder and it lasts a solid 6 hours before it starts to break down at all and a good 9 hours before it needs touching up.  I use this under my eyes, but I really don't ever use it to cover blemishes, so I can't really say how it performs there.

As I said, I do set it with powder, but even if you don't use powder, it dries down to a matte finish.  I think it's fairly unique in this as most of the really creamy concealers I've tried tend to not dry down well.

I was so excited to learn that NARS is bringing out a compact foundation in their Radiant Creamy line, but was soon disappointed to learn that it will contain the same shade range as their Sheer Matte and Sheer Glow foundations.  I've heard the formulations on those products are great, but since NARS seems to think that all very light complexions are also jaundiced (I'm not kidding, those foundations are SO yellow), I will be passing on it.  But at least the concealer is awesome!

The NARS Pure Radiant Creamy Concealer contains 6mL of product and retails for $28.  It has a doe foot applicator and comes in 10 different shades.

Overall:  10/10

1 comment:

  1. Oh interesting, every single under eye concealer I have tried have the tendency to just settle into the fine lines under my eyes! I will definitely check this one out!

    ReplyDelete