Monday, July 8, 2013

Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre


Embryolisse is a brand that I heard about through PixiWoo.  I believe it is a British brand and it's not terribly accessible in the US.  Embryolisse does have a US webstore now, so you can order it direct from the manufacturer, but I'm not aware of any readily accessible resellers (you can't get it at Ulta or Sephora or any department stores as far as I can tell.  I think it is available from DermStore.)

I have super dry skin as do Nic and Sam from Pixiwoo and since they seemed to really like this moisturizer, I thought I would check it out.  I'd been eyeing it from several different Amazon.com resellers for a while, but then HauteLook had it, so I picked it up there.

The Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre retails for $28 for 75mL.  I got mine from HauteLook for $19.50 plus shipping and handling, which seemed like a much more reasonable price to me.



It should be noted here that the "Paraffinum Liquidum" listed in the ingredients is mineral oil.  I'm sort of on the fence about mineral oil.  I don't love it, especially at this price point.  However, on my super dry skin, this does a great job of making it feel hydrated and providing a nice, even base for makeup application (not so much for any other serums or products that you want to actually sink into the skin.)

This is a nice moisturizer, but it's not fantastic.  I don't feel like it does anything more for my skin that I would get from applying considerably more cost effective product like Aveeno or Cetaphil.  It comes in a metal tube,which just annoys the crap out of me because it's so hard to get all of the product out.


Even though I didn't pay full retail for this product, I feel like at this price point I want some luxury.  And there isn't a speck of luxury to be found here.  It is a very servicable, boring moisturizer with no bells and whistles.  In the future, I will be saving my money and buying at the drugstore.

Overall:  5/10

UPDATE: If you're curious about Embryolisse, they're on HauteLook again tomorrow (7/9/13)