Tuesday, July 30, 2013

CoverGirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencils in Melted Caramel and Gold Flame


I absolutely love shadow pencils.  Really.  I have them from brands at every price point.  I adore them, especially in the summer.  I think they are super quick and easy.  They tend to wear really well (unless they're from NARS).

So, of course, when I saw that CoverGirl released a line of shadow pencils, I had to check it out.


I picked up Melted Caramel and Gold Flame.  And yes, thank you very much, I do have a version of the taupey-brown shadow pencil from pretty much every cosmetics line.  I know what I like.  :P



So, as previously stated, Melted Caramel is a taupe/bronze/brown color.  It is very similar to Urban Decay's Rehab; Hard Candy's Head to Toe (liquid to powder) or Quicksand (cream); MAKE UP FOR EVER's #15, Tom Ford Platinum and on and on.

I do think that Melted Caramel tends to swatch much browner and darker than you might think looking at the pencil.

I picked up Gold Flame on a whim and it turned out much yellower than I anticipated.  I think it looks a lot like the Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Gold Rush, maybe not quite as patchy, but both are a very banana yellow gold.


Both colors applied easily, blended well and wore great.  They set in less than 30 seconds and did not crease on me.  I saw some minor wear by six hours, but nothing bad.  I did have to use an oil cleanser to remove them completely.

The packaging is okay.  I am not crazy about the fact that you have to sharpen them like eyeliners, but at this price point, I'm willing to deal with it.

The CoverGirl Flamed Out Shadow Pencils contain .08oz of product and retail for around $6.  I picked mine up at Target for $5.99 each.

Overall: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. I like gold flame, I think it would look pretty in the inner corners of the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does well for spot application, but it's annoyingly patchy in bigger doses.

      Delete