Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Benefit Box O' Powder in Dallas


I swap on Makeup Alley and a few months ago, I picked up the Benefit Box O' Powder blush in Dallas.  Benefit describes the color as "an outdoor glow for an indoor gal face powder".  I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I do think it's a lovely color.



I don't know what's up with the color balance on my camera.  This blush definitely is brownish, but it's not near as brown as it is showing up in these swatches.  It's a dusky pinky brown.  It reminds me a lot of the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed or the Estee Lauder Pure Color blush in Rebel Rose.

Shades like this I really like for using as a blush/contour.  I just apply it along the back of the cheeks and it gives both definition and color without being over the top blush or contour.



The blush has good color payoff.  There isn't any obvious shimmer, but it has a satin finish.  I found that it blended easily and wore well.  I got a solid 8 hours out of it before there was any noticeable fading.

The biggest downside (as always) with me for this, and all, Benefit blush is the packaging.  At this price point, I don't want cardboard packaging.  And I think this is an older run of the product because the lid isn't attached at all.  Attached or not, I despise the packaging.

Benefit Box O' Powder blush in Dallas contains .28oz of product and retails for $28 wherever Benefit is sold, unless you're like me and you get yours in a makeup swap.

Overall:  7/10

6 comments:

  1. I almost bought this yesterday, still unsure lol :) nice blog!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it, but the packaging puts me off enough that I wouldn't pay full price for it.

      Delete
  2. Cardboard packaging is definitely 'meh' for that price. Oh well. It looks like a good and versatile color... and it's called Dallas! I'm from there! Obviously makes it better haha.

    kittencuddler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the cardboard packaging really is a miss for me. I do like the color though.

      Delete
  3. I always liked this color but never bought it. But now I have too many blushes so there is no justification to buy it now lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am firmly in the school of one can never have enough blushes ;)

      Delete