Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Embryolisse Protective Repair Stick

So I am, perhaps, a little obsessed with lip care.  This actually has very little to do with vanity or with enjoyment of lip products.  It's because my lips are so dry all the time and it's really painful.

For years I've used Chapstick and Blistex, but that really isn't cutting it anymore.  Last year I picked up a couple tubes of the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm and I like it fairly well. I know tons of people love it.  I don't love it.  But it's okay.  It does seem to moisturize better than the waxy, petroleum based lip products.  

So in my search for something that will actually fix my lip problems, I've been looking far and wide.  The aforementioned Jack Black Lip Balm is okay.  I tried the Sugar Lip Treatment from Fresh.  Again, it's okay, but it doesn't wow me (and the packaging irritates me).  I've tried the Clarins Lip and Contour Balm (review to come) and I like it fairly well.




So a couple of weeks ago when Embryolisse was on HauteLook, I picked up a couple tubes of the Lait Cream Concentre, but I also picked up a tube of the Protective Repair Stick for lips.  I know that just about every skincare line has something similar.


As for how it works ... it's okay.  I like the packaging.  I'm not crazy about the shape of the product in the tube, but I can live with it and it annoys me less than the Fresh lip balms.

The product is very oily on the lips.  I don't mind this, but if you do, buyer beware.

It does a good job of moisturizing my lips.  I can't say that I feel like I've experienced great results from it, but it's not bad.

Here is the ingredient list:
Paraffinum Liquidum. Hydrogenated Coconut Oil. Petrolatum Album. Ozokerite. Cera Alba. Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil. Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate. Titanium Dioxide. Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane. Tocopheryl Acetate. Allantoin. Alumina. Dimethicone. Bha. Mica. Bht.

The Embryolisse Lip Repair Stick is paraben free and contains 4 grams of product.  It retails for $12 and you can get it at www.EmbryolisseUSA.com.

Overall:  8/10