Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Benefit Box O' Powder in Dandelion


Benefit Box O' Powders are nothing new, and they're blushes, so how exactly I've gone this long without owning one properly, I'm not sure.  I did pick up a mini of Benefit's Bella Bamba as a Sephora 100 point perk, but it's not the same as owning a full size and somehow the mini packaging manages to be even more annoying than the full size packaging.


Benefit's Box O' Powder blush in Dandelion is something that has been on my wishlist forever.  It's a blush.  It's a yellow based pink blush.  I mean, how had I not picked this up?

Well, after finally biting the bullet and picking it up when I had a Sephora discount, I know how I hadn't picked it up.  It's fine.  The blush, itself, is fine.  It's a very subtle (even on my super pale skin) yellow based pink blush.  It's smooth without being powdery.  It blends well and it has decent staying power - I got 6 hours out of it before it faded noticeably.  It has a satin finish.


The packaging is terrible.  The stupid cardboard flip top lid thing is nothing but an irritation.  The brush, surprisingly, wasn't awful, though I wouldn't use it to apply blush.  I think it would be fine for a contour brush.   There's a stupid little plastic insert thing that sits over the powder and if you're not careful (which, of course, I learned the hard way) it's very easy to gouge the product.



This is a product that I wanted to love, but the packaging was sufficiently annoying that I not only don't love it.  I have it sitting in my makeup storage in the other room.  And while I expected the color to be subtle, I don't know that I expected it to be quite this subtle.  MAC's Pink Tea looks similar in the pan, but has way more oomph on the skin.  

Sigh.  At this price point, I should love it and I don't.

Benefit Box O' Powder in Dandelion contains 7 grams of product and retails for $28 wherever Benefit is sold.  I got mine at Sephora.

Overall:  6/10

5 comments:

  1. This was the first blush I ever owned, I pretty much just used it as a setting powder because it hardly showed up on my skin -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even for such a light color, the payoff is disappointing.

      Delete
  2. I like the color but I am double minded whether I should get it or not I have a medium skin tone do you think it will show up on it or not ? because a lot of people say it is suitable for girls with fair skin tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really doubt it would show up on medium skintone, or worse, I'd be afraid it would look ashy. It's super light.

      Delete
  3. I can't see the bronzing ball's radiant glow in the brochure reduced from 10 pounds to five pounds

    ReplyDelete