Thursday, May 2, 2013

Avon Glow Bronzing Pearls in Sunkissed


I know, just about every beauty line out there now have their very own ripoff of the Guerlain Meteorites.  I lust after the Guerlain Meteorites.  But I do not need another finishing powder, no matter how beautiful.  So I've saved myself the $58.  However, this does not preclude me from trying the cheap knockoffs.

I've seen several YouTubers using the Avon Glow Bronzing Pearls.  I'm pretty sure they came out with Avon's summer 2012 collection.  They're no longer available from Avon and I have to tell you, if you missed them, you're not missing much.


I'm not exactly sure what complexion this particular shade could bronze.  You see the swatch above?  The one where you can barely see where the product is swiped.  Yeah.  There's virtually no pigmentation to this product.  I picked up Sunkissed.  I'm sure it came in at least one other, darker, shade.  

It's a highlighter.  It does have a decent amount of shimmer.  Not the most finely milled or flattering shimmer, but it's there.  I know that a lot of people love the scent of this product.  As previously mentioned, my sense of smell is pretty non-existent, so that's not exactly a plus for me.


Overall, this product feels gimmicky.  It's a chunky, gimmicky highlighter and it sits largely unloved in the back of my makeup drawer.  If I was in desperate need of a highlighter, I suppose this would work, but I have other highlighters that I love far more and that are far less messy and cumbersome to use.



Avon Glow Bronzing Pearls in B01 Sunkissed contain a whopping 22 grams of product.  I picked mine up on sale from Avon.com for $6.99.

Overall:  4/10

5 comments:

  1. What are some highlighters you would recommend? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, none of them have very friendly price points. I love the Kevyn Aucoin celestial powder and the Becca shimmering skin perfector. I have reviews coming up on both of those.

      Delete
    2. theBalm mary loumanizer or betty loumanizer are both really good in my opinion!

      Delete
  2. great review! would you like to follow each other in gfc and bloglovin? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete