Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sleek Pout Polish in Powder Pink and Peach Perfection


A couple of weeks ago, I placed a big order on the Sleek MakeUp site.  Sleek is one of those brands that I've been lucky enough to receive in swaps with UK friends, but it's not available readily in the US.  

As a side note here, the prices are great and the shipping was super cheap - like $8 cheap for international shipping!  (Though it did take about two weeks to arrive.)


Anyway, I've been lucky enough to try a lot of the Sleek powder products, but I've never tried any of their lip products.  So ... I picked up two of the Sleek Pout Polishes in Powder Pink and Peach Perfection.  The Pout Polishes are basically like tinted lip balms.  They come in 9 colors.

They are very sheer.  You get just a hint of color.  They aren't the most fantastic lip balms ever, but they're decent.  The texture was okay.  I didn't find them to be sticky and I didn't find the scent to be particularly noteworthy (good or bad), but I'm not particularly sensitive to either of those.



You do get a ton of product, but since they come in jars, you have to apply them with your fingers.  This isn't a deal breaker for me, but I know it would be for a lot of people.

The packaging is cute.  They come in a range of colors (most of which will offer only the barest hint of color on the lips).  They are pretty much a take it or leave it product for me.  They're okay, but I don't think I would purchase them again, even at this (very good!) price point.


Sleek Pout Polish contains 10 grams of product and retails for $5.99 each.

Overall: 6/10

4 comments:

  1. i have this in scandal and pink cadillac <3
    i love sleek :)

    http://drpoisonivy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overall, I am really impressed with Sleek as well.

      Delete
  2. Hmm, these would be better if they are in stick form, I hate lip products that you have to dip your finger into unless you have a brush handy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hate having to dip fingers into it, especially since it's so sheer, but the packaging is just too clunky for me.

      Delete