Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude and Taupe


In the last couple of months due to a whole host of random and annoying vision problems, my eye doctor switched me out of hard contacts - rigid gas permeable lenses to be exact.  (I know, you didn't even know they made hard contacts anymore, did you?)

So, several takeaways for me from now wearing soft contact lenses are:
  • Wow, these aren't excruciatingly painful.
  • I can actually see now that random particles aren't constantly attaching themselves to my lenses.
  • I could really consider wearing something in my waterline - this was NOT an option for me with hard contacts.  It led to nothing other than extremely painful watery eyes.
Not wanting to plunk down a lot of money in this new stuff-on-the-waterline experiment, I decided to check out the ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal (say that three times fast) liners from Rimmel.  I picked up two colors, Taupe and Nude.



As you can see from the swatches, they both lean rather orange, which I'm not crazy about, especially on the waterline, but for less than $10 for 2 pencils, you sort of get what you get.


005 Nude is a very warm orange leaning beige.  I'm not exactly sure who this would be nude for, especially on the waterline.  I really wish this product would have been much cooler toned and blue/pink leaning.

004 Taupe is a warm gray brown.  Again, it leans a bit orange.


The pencils are extremely creamy and they are opaque in one swipe.  They stay sticky, not ever really drying down.  This means that they do have pretty good staying power on the waterline.  

I think that overall staying power is probably going to be dictated by things other than the product.  Namely, how dry was your waterline when you applied and how watery overall are your eyes.

The quality of the product is impressive, especially at this price point.  But my complaint is that for a product designed to be used so close to the eyes, they're too warm/orange.  I think they're going to make your eyes look more red and tired.  Especially for the nude, I would have liked to see a color that would brighten and this one doesn't.



The Rummel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal pencils contain 1.2 grams of product and retail for around $4.49 wherever Rimmel is sold.

Overall:  7/10.