Monday, April 8, 2013

Milani Color Statement Lipstick in 12 Flamingo Pose


Most of you probably already know about Milani's new Color Statement Lipstick line, but let me tell you about it anyway ;)

Here's what Milani has to say about the line:
Make a statement without saying a word!  True Instant Color. One stroke, full coverage application. This next generation lipstick gives the ultimate in color, texture and finish.  The lightweight creamy formula contains Vitamins A, C, & E to moisturize and nourish lips.  Paraben-free. Available in Vinyl, Metallic, Cream, Shimmer, Pearl & Matte finish.
I had a 20% off coupon for CVS, so I decided to go ahead and pick up one of the Color Statement lipsticks in #12, Flamingo Pose.  Cora at VintageOrTacky used it in one of her recent tutorials and I thought it looked perfect for spring.


Milani describes the color as flamingo coral cream.  That is a pretty apt description.  It's definitely a coral lipstick, but it's a cool coral, so it doesn't look orange on the lips.  It is incredibly pigmented.  It is totally opaque in one swipe and it stains like crazy.


The formula is on the thicker, stiffer side, but I didn't find it uncomfortable to wear.  As I said, it does stain the lips, so the wear time is extended.  I got six hours out of it before it started looking really gnarly.


The Color Statement lipsticks contain 3.97 grams of product and retail for $5.49 wherever Milani is sold.  I got mine on sale at CVS.

Overall:  8/10

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty color! I do find some of Milani's lipsticks to be drying though so I always have to wear a gloss over them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I despise gloss enough that I'm willing to deal with a moderately uncomfortable lipstick. Especially one so pretty ;)

      Delete
  2. Oooh nice, I feel like I can never have enough bright lipsticks, I want every single one I see D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one definitely is bright and so, so pretty.

      Delete