Tuesday, April 23, 2013

MAC Warm Soul Mineralize Blush


Warm Soul is one of those blushes that everyone seems to love.  I have been hearing people rave about it forever.  I do love me some blush and despite being rather cool toned, I am not crazy about wearing cool toned blushes.  So, obviously, I needed to pick up Warm Soul.


Look at it.  It's beautiful.  This is one of those cases of the hype being true.  This is a gorgeous warm coppery pink color with gold shimmer.  It could be used as a blush or a bronzer.  I am in LOVE with this blush.  It is fantastic and it is an absolute staple for me.


It's a Mineralize baked blush with great payoff and a lovely texture.  I found it blended out easily, but it also has great staying power.  I got a solid 9 hours out of it before it started to fade noticeably.


The MAC Mineralize blushes all contain 3.5 grams of product and retail (currently) for $25.

Overall:  10/10


Oh, and for what it's worth, I also happened to pick up a Maybelline LE baked blush the same week that is pretty similar (review forthcoming).  

The Maybelline blush is called Golden Fuse and it's part of their Summer 2013 So Electric collection.  It's a tad bit more golden and shimmery, but it's really pretty close and it's 2.5 grams of product for around $5.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is very pretty, I'd see myself liking it even though I don't like bronzy blushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased that it lived up to the hype.

      Delete
  2. This would be great for contouring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might have a little too much shimmer for anything super dramatic, but it is a beautiful blush.

      Delete