Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Dixie


(day bulbs)

Illamasqua is yet another of those brands that I have been curious about forever.  No one local to me carries the line, so I ended up ordering site unseen from Sephora.  From the descriptions, this isn't necessarily the first blush I would have picked out, but unfortunately  Sephora seems to often be sold out of a number of the Illamasqua cream blushes.  So of the colors they had in stock, I chose Dixie, which is described on the Sephora site as "warm coral pink".    

(sunlight)

As you can probably tell from the swatches, I had a hard time trying to really capture the color of this blush.  In the pan, I think the description definitley holds true.  It is a warm coral.  However, once applied to the skin it goes on shockingly sheer and considerably pinker.


The cream blush formula does set quickly, though not to a powder finish.  But it's not sticky and that's the important thing for me.  As I said earlier, it does go on surprisingly sheer, but it's fairly easy to build it up.  I applied the blush and easily got 9 hours of wear out of it before it faded noticeably.

Illamasqua cream blushes contian 4 grams of product and retail for $26.  I got mine at Sephora.

Overall: 8/10

2 comments: