Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Givenchy Le Prisme Blush in Orange In Vogue


I've been very lax about getting around to reviewing the Givenchy products I picked up a few weeks ago.  That's because for the most part, I was really disappointed.  Of the four products I purchased from the Givenchy line (bronzer, eyeshadow quad, blush and lipstick), two of them went back (bronzer, which wasn't, post is here and lipstick, post coming soon).

I still haven't swatched the eye quad because I'm not sure if I'm going to take it back or not.

But the one item that I knew I was keeping is the blush.  Officially it is the Givenchy Le Prisme Blush in Orange in Vogue.


It is a beautiful blusher.  The texture of the powders are fantastic.  Each individual shade was buttery soft with good payoff and swirled together it has a lovely bronzy apricot glow.

(clockwise from top left)

(swirled together)


The only downside of this blush is the size.  I apologize for not taking a picture of me holding the blush, but it is tiny.  The packaging is a cute little square with a drawer for the (mostly useless) blush brush.  But again, it's tiny.

The amount of actual product contained in the packaging is fairly standard - 6.8 oz.  But the way it's packaged, it looks absolutely minuscule   And it's good that the colors swirled together work because despite seeming like you could use the shades individually, they're too small to really try that.

Of all the Givenchy items I picked up, this blush is definitely my favorite.  But I do feel like my reaction to it is colored by how disappointed I was overall with the Givenchy line.

The Givenchy Le Prisme powder blushes contain 6.8 oz of product and retail for $44 exclusively at Sephora.

Overall:  8/10

2 comments:

  1. It definitely is pretty, so natural looking. but I hate it when compacts come with compartments for useless mini brushes, it's like really?!?! you added an excess bulk to the packaging so I can have a crappy brush I am never going to use ?!? -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the packaging was pretty gimmicky, especially at this price point. Why would I want a pull out drawer on a tiny little blush?

      Delete