Friday, April 5, 2013

Givenchy Healthy Glow Powder in 1 Premiere Croisiere


I absolutely love bronzers and blush.  This is a known fact.  And lately I've been really curious about some higher end, harder to find brands, specifically Rouge Bunny Rouge (which I will talk about in a separate post) and Givenchy.

Givenchy is available exclusively through Sephora, but is not carried in my local Sephora, so there's pretty much no way to see before you buy.  So in a fit of impulse buying the other day, I decided to pick up the Givenchy Poudre Bonne Mine Healthy Glow Powder, which Sephora categorizes as a bronzer.


It's lovely, by the way.

And the description sounds lovely.  Sephora says:
 "Totally weightless and invisible on the skin, this creamy formula provides ultimate softness and a light-as-air natural finish. With a consistency that’s easy to blend, this bronzer can be applied alone with the Givenchy Kabuki brush or over Mister Radiant. Use it year-round to smooth pores, even the skin’s texture, and provide a healthy glow."

I will fully admit it's my own fault for not looking up swatches first.  (Here, go look - Karla Sugar has some fantastic swatches.)  I made an assumption based on the Sephora description that this was indeed a bronzer (it may be if you buy it in one of the darker shades, but it doesn't seem that the line as a whole is a bronzer line).



I think this is more of an illuminating finishing powder, much like the MAC Mineralize Natural line, Guerlain Meteorites, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, etc, etc.  And like the Guerlain and Hourglass products, it is hella expensive.  $50 for 7 grams of product.

Don't get me wrong, it does look lovely.  I'm sure it looks nice on the skin.  I don't know.  Because I need another illuminating finishing powder like I need a hole in the head, so I returned it (without swatching, not that you would have been able to see anything even if I did swatch it.).  

I wanted a bronzer.

Even for my pasty pale skin, this shade is certainly not a bronzer.  I probably would have had to get the darkest shade if I wanted something approaching a bronzer, but that doesn't really seem to be what this powder is designed to do.



I'm not going to bother rating this product since it seems designed to do something vastly different than the purpose for which I purchased it.  I am thankful that Sephora did give me my refund without any hassle (though I did get a dirty look, which whatever.)

I was really curious about Givenchy.  I picked up several different products (reviews coming soon) and it was really hit or miss.  At this price point, I expect more.  The packaging is underwhelming and it is really irritating not to be able to see it in person before purchasing.  

6 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, but why did they choose to describe it as a bronzer? Btw, check the laws in your country. Under European Union law, all online sales have to accept returns in 15 days from the date of purchase. That is because it is considered long distance selling, and as you cannot see the product before buying, and photos can be misleading, they have to accept returns. I really think there must be the same law in the USA? It's good to know, if anyone gives you trouble about your retursn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, legally they do have to take the returns. The girl was just being snotty. This is standard customer service at Sephora. UGH.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, but unfortunately, unnecessary :(

      Delete
  3. thats really disappointing :( i guess thats just a risk that goes along with online shopping, but i'm glad you got a refund! would you mind checking out my blog? :) i do beauty reviews as well xx

    kittecuddler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete