Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Flower Beauty Color Play Creme Eyeshadow in Wild Geranium


A couple of weeks ago, I picked up another item from Flower Beauty.  It's the Color Play Creme Eyeshadow in CP3, Wild Geranium.  

The online swatches look like a pale pink, which this color most certainly is not.  The line comes in a dozen shades.  If you want to pick some up, I would recommend either doing it in person or if you have to order online, make sure to check out blogger swatches first, because the online swatches, in my experience, do not line up to what you get in the little pots.


Wild Geranium is a warm peachy copper.  The color applies very true to pan with excellent pigmentation.  The texture of the cream shadow is very light and whipped.  It applied evenly and smoothly for me.  I didn't find it to be patchy at all.  The color is buildable, but you need to let it dry down a bit between coats.

The color does "set".  It doesn't have a powder finish and remains slightly tacky, but not enough that I found it objectionable.


I know that some people had problems with the Flower cream eyeshadows creasing.  I did not personally have any problems with this shadow creasing.  I wore it for a good 8 hours with no primer underneath and it didn't crease.  That said, this is a pretty forgiving color.  If it had creased, I don't think it would be very apparent.  And my eyelids aren't particularly oily.  Your mileage may vary.


Surprisingly, while this cream shadow stayed put during the day, it removed without a problem at the end of the day.  Just using my normal cream cleanser, it removed completely without having to fight it.  I didn't experience any eyelid staining from this color.

The Flower creme eyshadows contain 3.5 grams of product and are available exclusively at Wal-Mart for $7.98 each.

Overall:  10/10

5 comments:

  1. The color is pretty and good for everyday, especially in the office. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is too, especially for summer. :)

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of this brand but it sure is a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Drew Barrymore's new line. Exclusive to Wal-Mart.

      Delete
  3. Darn, wish we had this where I live, but it sure looks good, the texture almost looks edible lol

    ReplyDelete