Monday, April 1, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Staccato Nail Polish in Rockin' Robin


Deborah Lippmann's Spring 2013 line is called Staccato.  They're pastel polishes with lots of little round glitter.  The collection is very similar to the Illamasqua Speckled polishes that released with their I'mperfect collection. 


I really wanted to pick up another of the Illamasqua Speckled polishes, but they seem to be sold out everywhere.  The Lippmann polishes are very similar (Though all the glitter in the Staccato polishes are the same size.  In the Illamasqua Speckles, the round glitters are in different sizes.)

Rockin' Robin is a robin's egg blue polish with little round blue glitter.  The base is sheer in one coat, but opaque in two.  The base applied evenly and smoothly, but I had a bit of a time trying to get the glitter to space evenly.  It was surprisingly patchy.  Once applied, the glitter also tended to bunch up, giving the finish a very uneven feel.


Overall, it's a very pretty polish.  I really like the way it looks and I love the color.  I'm a bit bummed that the glitter tended to bunch up.  Nothing unworkable, but definitely not as fool proof as the Illamasqua polish.

Deborah Lippmann Staccato polishes contain 15mL of product and retail for $19 wherever Deborah Lippmann is sold.  I got mine at Nordstrom.

Overall:  8/10

2 comments:

  1. Aww man this is so pretty, though I don't like glitters that don't apply very smoothly.
    And gurrll, why you keep showing me things I can't afford? Haha, jk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I do have some more budget friendly reviews coming up!

      Delete