Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Avon Ideal Luminous Blush in Earthen Rose

Avon is one of those brands that my mom used when I was little (still does, actually).  I have very fond memories as a child of the "Avon Lady" ringing the doorbell, coming inside and setting out her basket of goodies.

But Avon was also one of those brands that I outgrew once I realized there were better alternatives on the market.  However, it seems in the last 5- 10 years, Avon has really stepped up their cosmetics game.  I think they always had a pretty strong skincare line, but their cosmetics were very sad for quite a while.



Avon has also made an effort at going international and seem to have gained quite a bit of ground, particularly in the UK.  For quite a while, I believe Avon sponsored Pixiwoo, which is how I became reacquainted with their cosmetics line.

One of the Avon Ideal Luminous Blushes in Earthen Rose, in particular, was mentioned fairly regularly in Pixiwoo videos, which is why I decided to check it out.


E04 Earthen Rose is a soft, warm beige with a satin finish. The blush has a soft, buttery texture and decent pigmentation.  On fair skins like mine it can be used for a bit of a contour as it doesn't have any shimmer.  I could definitely use it as a bronzer as well.



It has a decent wear time.  I got a good 6 hours out of it before it started to fade.





Avon Ideal Luminous blushes contain 6.23 grams of product and are available at Avon.com (or through your local Avon rep - I don't have one) for $8.

Overall: 7/10

2 comments: