Monday, March 4, 2013

Review: China Glaze Want My Bawdy Nail Lacquer


China Glaze's Want My Bawdy came out in September of 2012 as part of China Glaze's Boho Collection.  I saw swatches when it came out and I've been looking for it ever since.  I finally found it last week at Ulta and picked it up.

Okay, so look at these swatches.  This is a beautiful royal blue metallic polish.  I was really expecting it to be similar to Zoya's Song and it ... wasn't.

(flash)

(daylight bulbs)

(daylight)

The polish was surprisingly sheer in the first coat.  I didn't have high hopes for it, but the polish was actually opaque after the second coat.  And it is very pretty.  But the swatches here and all of the other swatches I've seen online for it do not show what the polish really looks like.

This polish isn't blue.  It leans very violet.  I don't know that it would be technically burple, but it's certainly more burple than blue.  And it's a rather soft violet.  It definitely doesn't have the luster that shows up in photographs.





This is a very nice polish.  I guess on one hand while I am disappointed that it wasn't more like Zoya's Song (meaning blue, opaque and generally awesome) it is a nice polish.  And it is different from the other blue polishes I already own.

But somehow I can't help being a little disappointed.

Overall:  6/10