Friday, April 26, 2013

Maybelline Limited Edition Blush in Golden Fuse


I already mentioned the Maybelline blush in Golden Fuse when I did my review of MAC's Warm Soul blush.  Golden Fuse is a Limited Edition blush with Maybelline's Summer 2013 collection, So Electric.



This baked blush is a warm golden bronzy pink with lots of gold shimmer.  I don't think it swatches anywhere near as orange as it looks in the pan.  It has a surprising amount of pink.


This blush is a solid performer.  It had a nice texture and blended out easily.  It had good staying power - 6 hours before it started to fade, 8 hours before it faded significantly.  It's a beautiful warm color, perfect for summer.  It does have a lot of shimmer, so if you don't like that, you may want to steer clear.


This blush is not an exact dupe for MAC's Warm Soul, but I think it's probably as close as you're going to get at the drugstore in terms of both color and texture.



Maybelline's Golden Fuse blush contains 2.5 grams of product and retails for around $5 wherever Maybelline is sold.

Overall:  10/10

2 comments:

  1. I really like Golden Fuse! I may have to keep my eyes open for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very impressed with it, especially at this price point.

      Delete