Friday, March 22, 2013

Illamasqua Speckled Nail Varnish in Freckle


Illamasqua's Spring 2013 collection is called I'mperfection.  (I absolutely love that.  And the ad campaign is stunning.)  Launching with this collection is Illamasqua's new line of limited edition Speckled Nail Varnish that comes in five colors.

After seeing swatches, I picked up the Speckled Nail Varnish in Freckle, which is described by Illamasqua as "speckled neutral".  It's a browny nude base (it does lean a little orange in certain lights) with black glitter in various sizes.  


This is my first Illamasqua polish (my first Illamasqua purchase ever, actually) and I was so pleased with the formula.  It applied evenly and I got really good coverage from just one coat.  I was concerned that multiple coats might make it lumpy, but it didn't.  I ended up applying two coats, which made the base completely opaque without having the glitter be overwhelming or uneven.


As with a lot of Illamasqua products, people will either love this or hate this.  I, personally, love it.  I think it is just stunning.  The finish reminds me of quail eggs and those little malted easter egg candies.  I think it is just beautiful as well as fun.

I showed the polish to two different people and neither of them seemed to care for it.  My friend, Ree, said it looked like chocolate chip cookies.  My mother, bless her heart, told me it looked "shit knuckle brown."  (I don't even know where she got that, I swear, seniors these days.)

Illamasqua Nail Varnishes contain .5oz of product and retail for $16 at Sephora.

Overall:  10/10

6 comments:

  1. Okay, my comment is much nicer than your mom's. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. You're much more politic than anyone related to me.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love every single shade from this collection! It's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I think they're gorgeous. I was trying to pick up some more today, but they were all sold out :(

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It really is. I figure that even if it's not up someone's alley, at the very least it's intriguing.

      Delete