Tuesday, March 26, 2013

BeautyHabit haul: Rouge Bunny Rouge and Nuxe


I have had Rouge Bunny Rouge on my wishlist for months and months.  I knew the brand was available through Zuneta (UK), but the last few times I had looked at their site, it seemed like they were getting rid of their stock.  I suspect this has a lot to do with Rouge Bunny Rouge's launch of their own (UK-based) web boutique.

Long story short, I ended up with a chunk of extra cash I hadn't been expecting and I decided to splurge on some Rouge Bunny Rouge.  I set a budget and made a list of items I know I will both love and use.  Sadly, the two do not always go hand in hand with me and I didn't want to shell out this much money for something that was gorgeous, but wouldn't get used.

The RBR web boutique ships to the US, but all the pricing is in GBP, so I was constantly having to do currency conversions to try and figure out how much stuff cost.  Also, in general, I dislike purchasing direct from manufacturers, at least in the cosmetics realm.  It almost always seems like you get a worse deal than you would get through retailers who sell multiple brands.  And you almost always get screwed on the shipping.

When Elvira at PinkSith did her post on The Trouble With Taupes, I asked her if she'd tried the RBR web boutique she said RBR was still available from BeautyHabit.  BeautyHabit is one of those sites that I bookmarked ages ago, but I hadn't really looked at - or purchased from - before.

So I did a side by side comparison between the Rouge Bunny Rouge web boutique and BeautyHabit to see which would be cheaper when all (products, shipping, tax, etc) was said and done.  It turned out it was over $70 cheaper for me to buy my RBR items from BeautyHabit.  

I'm not great at math, but HELL YES.  

I picked up:
  • RBR Highlighting Powder in Sweet to Touch
  • RBR Skin Blush in Orpheline
  • RBR Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Delicate Hummingbird (backordered)
  • RBR Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Bohemian Waxwing
  • RBR Long Lasting Eyeshadow in Abyssinian Catbird
  • RBR Color Burst Lipstick in Word of Mouth
  • RBR Color Burst Lipstick in Prey of Lust


And of course, it wasn't like I was just going to tuck away that money I "saved".  I picked up a Nuxe gift set, mostly because I wanted to try out their dry oil.  It included a 100mL bottle of their dry oil, a tiny deluxe sample bottle of their shimmering dry oil, a moisturizing cream and a candle.

BeautyHabit had free shipping.  I got a Nuxe serum GWP.  Extras included perfume, haircare and skincare samples and a handwritten thank you note.  The one item that was on backorder will be shipped at no charge next week.

Actual reviews on the RBR and Nuxe products will be forthcoming.

As for the BeautyHabit shopping experience, I couldn't be more pleased.  The customer service was great.  The pricing was phenomenal.  All in all, I will definitely buy from them again.

2 comments:

  1. So many goodies! Can't wait to sew if you will like them or not. RBR is on my list of brands to try "someday". Also the name - what's up with that? I don't like it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name is odd. And I'm still not sure if the company is English, Russian or Italian. It looks like most of their products are made in Italy, but they're incorporated in the UK and their packaging is written in Russian. The products look fantastic. So far I've only tried the lipsticks but they are phenomenal.

      Delete