Monday, February 11, 2013

Sorry about that ...

So, I realize that I disappeared for quite a while.  Oops.  I wish I had some fantastic story, but unfortunately, real life just sort of got in the way.  Nothing traumatic happened or anything like that, just the daily grind and truthfully, getting a little burnt out on makeup and YouTube.  I went through my YouTube channel and pulled most of my non-review videos just because there didn't seem to be much point in keeping them up.

However, we're now heading into spring and I'm feeling pretty refreshed and enthusiastic again, at least about the blog and makeup in general.  I really don't have any plans to return to YouTube at this point.  The amount of overhead involved in filming, editing and uploading videos just really wore me down, so I will be concentrating on my blog for now.

A side-effect of not having posted anything in many months means I have a ton of reviews in the queue.  And I've been able to really give a lot of the products a serious test drive as opposed to rushing them for the sake of getting a timely review out.

Anyway, that's what's happening with me.  I hope to have a real review up later today (as opposed to the complaining I'm getting ready to do).

I am having a bit of a problem.  This weekend I picked up my first Dior eyeshadow quad from Sephora in #834, Rose Porcelaine.

It's described by Sephora as "pink shimmer/ iridescent pearl shimmer/ pale pink shimmer/ iridescent plum/ silver pink shimmer".  It's described by me as completely disappointing.  The color payoff was awful.

It's been so long since I returned a product for not performing that it feels a little weird.  But especially at this price point ($60), I expect awesome.  This is not awesome.  This is the opposite of awesome.  Anyway, I think I will be returning it for a different quad.  Hopefully this one is just a miss and it's not a problem with the entire line (I really doubt it is).

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and I hope someone is still looking at this blog every now and then.

Until the next update, take care.

indie

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. It is a shame about the quad though. Hopefully it is just a dud and the others will be better. xo,April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, April! And I realized after I posted this, that I don't have the recept. Feh. I'm going to have to call Sephora and see if they'll exchange something that's been used without a receipt. *crosses fingers*

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, look forward to your line up of reviews! Sorry about the dior quint, hopefully it's a one-off :)

    ReplyDelete