Monday, February 11, 2013

Shiseido Skincare



Earlier this summer, I decided to invest in some high end skincare.  I looked at a lot of different lines before settling on the Shiseido Benefiance line.  I picked up the kit pictured above at Nordstrom.  It was a fantastic deal at the time, but it doesn't look like Shiseido offers them - for the Benefiance line anyway - any more.  I'm sorry I don't have the price, but I do remember it was a phenomenal deal.

The kit contained:

  • Benefiance Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam
  • Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Balancing Softener 
  • Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Day Emulsion SPF 15
I also picked up the Shiseido Facial cotton ($9.50 for 100 pieces.)

First off, this line is expensive.  It is a luxury brand.  It works really well.  But you certainly pay for it.

My thoughts on the individual components:

Benefiance Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam
I really, really liked it.  It is super gentle and smells fantastic.  You only need the tiniest dot in order to cleanse your entire face and neck.  The tube from this starter kit lasted me for at least six months, probably closer to 8.  I love this stuff and have repurchased it to the tune of $35 for 125mL.

Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Balancing Softener 
Again, I really, really like this product.  I'm not exactly clear on what the difference is between a toner and a softener, except that a softener doesn't contain alcohol.  All I know is that my skin looks better when I use this product and it never seems to irritated me.  I've repurchased this twice already.  $44 for 150mL.

Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Day Emulsion SPF 15
This is the one product from the kit that I wasn't crazy about.  Not that it isn't a good moisturizer.  It's a fantastic moisturizer.  Again, works great, makes my skin feel fantastic, smells lovely.  But SPF 15 is not going to cut it for me, especially for the day.  I actually tend to use the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 50+ as a daytime moisturizer, which it's not.  It's a sunscreen.  But it is so emollient and gentle, that it works fantastic for me as a daily moisturizer.

Shiseido Facial Cotton
I've heard people rave about the Shiseido Facial Cotton for a long time and I always used to just roll my eyes.  It's a cotton pad, how great could it be?  Well, let me tell you.  Fan-FREAKIN-fastic.  This stuff is buttery soft.  And particularly in conjunction with the expensive Shiseido softener, I love these pads.  Because unlike the drugstore cotton pads or cotton balls, which can actually repel water and make me weep as I watch my expensive softener roll off the surface and drip on the ground, the Shiseido Facial Cotton soaks up every last drop, giving you much more bang for your buck.

I am absolutely in love with this line and do not plan to switch to anything else.

Overall 10/10

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great skincare line, I am using Naruko it is a little more cost friendly but they have some great products too xo, April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really curious about the Naruko line. The few items from them that I tried, I really like. I will admit that it's the fact that they're not readily available at places like department stores and Sephora that keep me from using them more. But I may just bite the bullet and order direct from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had just read this review, then went to TJ Maxx and there was Shiseido products. Because of your great review I picked up the Pureness deep cleansing g foam creme mouse, the Pureness refreshing cleansing sheets (make up removers) and a day cream with SPF 42. All for a great price.
    But then I was on Nordstrom's website and if you bu 2 full size products you get a set for free. They have several choices in the free set including the Benvience line.
    Thanks for the review!
    -- Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that! I just bought two full size Shiseido products at Sephora, of course. Ugh. It figures. The mini set was so tiny though. It would have been great for travel.

      Delete