Friday, February 15, 2013

Review: Cos Bar for Target nail polish in Bronze

I apologize in advance, but this post is going to be seriously lacking in official sources.  The reason?  I can't find any.

(inside with a flash)

This year, Target has been featuring boutique brands in their stores.  One of the first they featured was Cos Bar.  The line featured nail polish and nail accessories at incredibly budget friendly prices.  I didn't get any of the polishes in their initial run, but a couple of weeks ago, I picked up several polishes on clearance for $1.50 each.

There is no label on any of the polishes (that I can find) that tell you what the name of the polish is.  I found the names by going to the Target website.

(sunlight)

As far as I can tell, the actual Cos Bar website doesn't carry the Cos Bar nail polishes at all.  The Cos Bar site is just online retail for other cosmetics brands.  I don't know, maybe some of the physical stores carry the actual Cos Bar line.


So all that drama aside, I have to say that this polish is an absolute dream.  It could be because the last 4 polishes I tried were total stinkers, but I think even if I hadn't had a bad run I would still really like this polish.

The polish is an absolutely gorgeous dark burnt orange color with gold, copper and green glitter.  It does apply very sheer, but even and it dries incredibly quickly.  I had to apply three coats to get completely opaque coverage, but there were no application problems at all.  It wasn't gloopy or uneven.  It did not pull or bubble.  It was fantastic.

(daylight fluorescents)

I will admit that I'm looking for a budget friendly dupe of the MAC Styleseeker polish (see Temptalia's review for photos).  Cos Bar's Bronze is not a Styleseeker dupe, but it was also $1.50 and beautiful for Fall.

These polishes are currently on clearance at Target.  After that, I have no idea where to find them.

Overall: 10/10

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love the color, I just wish there was a way to actually get more product from this company.

      Delete