Monday, February 25, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks #645 and #015

I was just browsing the beauty section at CVS the other day and I was completely struck by Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in #645, Red Revival


Come on.  Look at that.  How could I not pick it up?  They were having a buy one, get one 50% off, so I also picked up something that I thought would be more wearable day to day, #015, Born With It




 I will say that the Red Revival really delivered.  I think it is stunning.  Born With It ... meh.  Not so much.  Here are swatches:


(under daylight bulbs)


(flash)

#645 Red Revival:

This is a true red.  It is slightly darkened and leans slightly blue based, but not at all berry or wine-y at all.  It does not apply quite as darkly as it looks in the bullet.  It applied very opaquely and was quite moisturizing, though as with all lipsticks this bold, I did apply it over a base (MAC Prep + Prime Lip).  It wore really well.  I got probably 4 hours out of it, while drinking soda and coffee, before I needed to touch up.  It stayed surprisingly glossy for the first two hours.



#015 Born With It

I will admit to doing nearly no research on these.  I have no idea how long these colors have been out.  I do have to figure that since this color is named with the Maybelline tag line, that it must be one of their flagship colors in this line.  However, I found this color very disappointing.  It is a neutral yellow based pink with tiny glitter.  I don't think it looks glittery on the lips and I didn't get a gritty sensation on the lips.  That's probably because the glitter doesn't stay in the lipstick.  I found glitter everywhere.   I have no idea how that is even possible, but there it is.




Overall:

Red Revival 10/10

Born With It 5/10

2 comments:

  1. Red Revival is awesome! I'll buy it for sure))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so impressed with it. Definitely let me know what you think!

      Delete