Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Makeup Geek Lipstick in Ravishing


I picked up the Makeup Geek lipstick in Ravishing in my Makeup Geek haul.  Ravishing is described by Makeup Geek as "Deep Red (Ruby)".  It has a matte finish and is definitely on the dry side (though not as dry as Elegant).  The color isn't near as vampy on the lips as it looks in the tube.


It is a bright red with a slight blue/berry undertone.  Makeup Geek says it is a dupe for MAC Red.  I don't have MAC Red, so I can't swatch them side by side.  

The formula is dry.  It skips a bit during application which can make it a challenge to get a smooth finish.  However, once do you do get it applied, it stays put.  This shade wore for a solid 6 hours before I had any problem with fading or feathering.  And it did stain my lips.

I wore Ravishing over a lip primer, so if you don't use one, your mileage may vary.  Also because it is such a dry matte, it will definitely highlight any less than ideal lip conditions so be sure to exfoliate and moisturize well before use.


I do have to say that because this formula is so dry, it really isn't my favorite.  I love the color and I love the wear time, but it is just so darn dry.

Makeup Geek lipsticks contain 1.8 grams of product and retail for $7.99.  Makeup Geek lipsticks are currently available in 16 shades with a variety of finishes.

Overall: 7/10

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, not sure I love the formula either. I have this shade and love the color, but it does dry my lips out a bit. I love makeup geek anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm saving for a big eyeshadow order from them. I can't wait to see their blushes too!

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried out any MUG products yet but I love the color of this one. I am doing make out 2013 so I probably won't purchase any right away but I will put it on my list of things to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried their eyeshadows, brushes and lipsticks and I have not been disappointed. Their price point is great too.

      Delete