Monday, February 18, 2013

Kate Somerville SPF 55 Serum Sunscreen

At $45 for 2oz of product, I really wanted to love this sunscreen.  I didn't.

I will say that I liked the Kate Somerville packaging way better than the packaging for my holy grain sunscreen, the Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 50+.  But the product itself I felt very underwhelmed by.  I can't point to anything in particular that I didn't like.  Just overall, it felt like nothing special, especially at a higher end price point.  I didn't feel like it performed any better than my Neutrogena sunscreen, which is a quarter of the cost.

At this price point, I'd rather spend a little more and get a product (Shiseido) that I really love.  For a product that is nothing special, I'd prefer to stick with the more budget friendly Neutrogena.

Overall:  5/10