Thursday, February 28, 2013

Kat Von D Everlasting Face Shaper Blush in Por Vida

It's well documented at this point, but I have a real problem with blush.  Well, not a problem with blush.  I have a problem with constantly purchasing blush.

So yeah.  I did it again.

I was at Sephora the other day and I saw the Kat Von D blushes.  Now, I will admit to not having a whole lot of interest in the Kat Von D makeup line.  I've seen it.  I've been mostly underwhelmed.  But, then I saw the blush display.


The first thing that drew me to it is absolutely the packaging.  I love this packaging.  I love that it's square.  I love that the packaging is only a tiny bit bigger than the product well.  I love that it contains a large mirror.  And I love that the packaging, while plastic, still feels substantial.

After some debate, I picked up the blush in the color Por Vida.

As far as I can tell, the Kat Von D line is exclusive to Sephora.  Sephora describes the blush as "warm pink" which is pretty accurate.


Here is more from Sephora about the blush:


What it is:  A fade-proof blush with remarkably rich pigment to enhance individual features and the complexion.
What it does:  Be brilliantly flushed from sunrise to far past sunset with this long-wearing blush. The smooth, velvety powder glides onto cheeks and effortlessly blends into the pores to enhance the natural radiance of your skin. The fade-proof formula promises up to 24-hours of color and the rich pigment offers buildable, custom coverage for every skintone. 



 (daylight bulbs)

(sunlight)

I really think they would have been better off not making those ridiculous claims above.  "24- hours of color"?  Are you kidding me?  There is absolutely no way that is true.

I thought this blush performed about as well as most blushes for me, which means that there is some fading after 6 hours, significant fading after 9 hours and it's gone by 12 hours.

Overall, I feel like this blush is very okay.  It's not a phenomenal formula.  It doesn't have a phenomenal price (either good or bad).  Despite looking super bright in the pan, swatched it is really pretty tame and surprisingly sheer.  I do have to build it up.  I didn't find it particularly soft or exceptionally blendable.  But on the other hand, it wasn't hard or chalky either.  It was just ...

Average.


While it was the packaging that drew me in, I am not crazy about the raised pattern on the top of the compact.  I know that the texture is just going to look filthy in another week or two from being in my makeup drawer.  That is not a plus.




The blush contains 7 grams of product and retails for $25 at Sephora.

Overall: 6/10