Friday, September 7, 2012

Review: Revlon Nail Enamel in Posh Pink



I picked up the Revlon Nail Enamel in Posh Pink because I heard it was a dupe for Chanel's May.  Revlon retails for around $6, a far cry from Chanel's current price of $26, so I was willing to give the Revlon a try and see how it looked.

I searched locally for Revlon's posh pink, but I never could find it so I ended up ordering it from Ulta.



I don't own Chanel's May, so I can't compare them head to head.  Looking at the May swatches from Temptalia, I think the polishes are close, but not identical.  There is definitely some iridescence to Posh Pink complements of what looks like some very fine white and blue microglitter.

Because of the shimmer, this is a chameleon shade.  The base to Posh Pink is definitely on the warmer side of neutral.  It's not coral, but there is definitely a bit of a peachy tint to the pink.  However, with the white/blue irridescence depending on the light, this can look like a very cool pink.


The texture of this polish was just awful.  I don't know if perhaps I just got an old bottle or what, but it was absolutely terrible. 

I tried three different times to apply this polish and always with the same results.  It was thick, uneven and gloopy.  It was also a bit sheer, so you need multiple coats to get opaque coverage.  It pulled and bubbled during application.  I absolutely babied this polish and still, the results were less than stellar.

This is a nice pink color.  I would like it so much more if it didn't have the iridescence to it.

Overall: 6/10

1 comment: