Monday, August 13, 2012

Sample Society Box - August

Hello everybody.  Thank you for being so patient.  Things are still pretty hectic around here, but I've finally managed to swatch and photograph a significant chunk of my backlog, so on to the posting ....


I've been subscribed to the Sample Society beauty box from BeautyBar and Allure for several months now and of all the various subscription beauty box services I've tried, this one is by far my favorite.  I don't always love everything they send, but more often than not, I am pleased with the box - especially considering it's $15 price point.

Here is this month's box:




This month's items are:
  • Deborah Lippmann nail polish in Private Dancer -  FULL SIZE
  • Phyto Phytonectar Oil - 10mL deluxe sample
  • Elemental Herbology Cool and Clear Facial Cleanser - 25mL deluxe sample
  • Arcona Cranberry Toner - 30mL deluxe sample
  • Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara in Black Ice
  • Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer foil sample
The Deborah Lippmann polish alone makes this box worth the money.  I'm excited to try the Phyto oil.  The rest of the items I'm not terribly excited about, but I will definitely try them out.  In my opinion, none of these are outright losers, compared to my abysmal Glossyboxes from this month and last.

Did I mention the Lippmann polish?



Do any of you get the Sample Society box?  If so, did you get the same items?  How do you think this box stacks up to the other subscription boxes?

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try any Deborah Lippmann polishes and that color looks awesome!I've been wanting to try Phyto products because I've heard good things. I look forward to more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received a Phyto mask in my first Glossybox and I really liked it, but I'm excited to try this one as well.

      Delete