Monday, July 9, 2012

Review: Peter Thomas Roth Laser Free Resurfacer


The official Peter Thomas Roth PR for the Laser-Free Resurfacer says "An advanced serum that helps repair, resurface, regenerate, and renew skin from the first application."

I'm usually not one for PR copy, but I have to say that in my experience, this serum lives up to all of its claims.  I originally picked this up using my Ulta rewards.  I went for the travel size - which shockingly enough is actually half the product for exactly half the price of the full size.  I had used it for maybe a week when I realized that I was getting some seriously impressive results.

This serum absolutely evened out the texture on my face and upper chest.  It made a dramatic difference in a very short period of time.  I truly cannot get over how smooth my face and upper chest feel.  There is absolutely no skincare product (including exfoliators) which has ever given me results like this.

One of the things that PTR touts is the "33.5% Dragon's Blood Complex".  I have no idea what Dragon's Blood Complex is, but I would assume that it's the reason the serum is red.


I have purchased this product in two different sizes, the travel size (.5oz - pictured) and the full size (1oz.).  Both of them come with a pump applicator.  The travel size doesn't have a lid, the full size does.  

The full size has a standard pump with a tube that sits in a jar of the product.  This means that as you start to run out, there is a whole lot of serum left inside the packaging that is stuck to the sides.  It can be a real pain to try and get out.  At this price point, I will get out the tin snips and cut the bottle open.

The travel size is packaged so that the bottom of the package pushes up as the amount of product decreases.  This means that getting that last little bit out of the container is considerably easier than getting it out of the full size and it doesn't involve tin snips.  Also, I would assume that the product is in less contact with the air and therefore probably stays fresher longer.



Formulated without:

- Sulfates
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Peg-8 Dimethicone, Peg- 12 Glyceryl Dimyristate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isododecane, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Niacinamide, Decarboxy Carnosine Hci, Ethyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Ethyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Carbomer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Croton Lechleri (Dragon's Blood) Resin Extract, Siegesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Rabdosia Rubescens Extract, Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract, Hordeum Vulgare Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Angelica Polymorpha Sinensis Root Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Phospholipids, Acetyl Glucosamine, Glucosamine Hci, Hydroxyproline, Polysilicone-11, Glycosphingolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Alcohol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Red 33 (Ci 17200), Brown 1 (Ci 20170), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).


Overall, I am in love with this product.  10/10

4 comments:

  1. I love the sound of a laser free resurfacer, I'd love to see before/after "transformation" type pics since you loved it so much! I'll definitely be giving this product a google :)

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would have thought to take a "before" picture.

      Delete
  2. I will definitely have to try this product out, it sounds amazing!

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete