Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Review: Ouidad Ultimate Frizz Fighting Trio


In an experiment, I decided to try out a more professional grade set of haircare products.  I'm generally a die hard drugstore haircare girl, but lately I have just been so unhappy with my hair.

In the interest of full disclosure, I naturally have very dark, very curly normal hair.

I wanted to try a whole line of haircare products because I figured that I really wouldn't be getting the most out of the line if for example, I was using a high end shampoo but a drug store conditioner.  So after some looking around, I decided to pick up the Ouidad Ultimate Frizz Fighting Trio from Sephora.

I did go and look through the Ouidad YouTube channel, which if you have curly hair is definitely worth checking out.


So, after about six weeks of using the Ouidad product, what's my verdict?

Meh.


There are a lot of people on YouTube who I really like and who I respect who talk about how absolutely necessary it is to use higher end products on your hair.  And after six weeks of living the experiment I have to say that honestly, I don't really see any difference at all.  The results from Ouidad seem very comparable to the results I get form Pantene.

So at this point I would be inclined to switch back to drugstore products but ... last week was the Beauty Brands (and Ulta, I think too) Liter sale.  So rather than going back to drugstore products, I picked up some AG Hair products.  I'll let you know what I think of those.

Ouidad Overall:  6/10