Monday, July 9, 2012

Haul: Makeup Geek


I'm sure most of you are already familiar with Makeup Geek's YouTube channel, site and store.  In the last couple of months Makeup Geek has started selling their own line of eyeshadows and lipsticks.  I've seen swatches on a lot of blogs and I finally decided that I would go ahead and pick some up.

I also used this as an excuse to pick up a zPalette, NYX cream blush and a couple of MAC pigments - but this post isn't about those, it's about the Makeup Geek items ;)


Makeup Geek shadows currently come in 56 colors and are available in compacts or in the individual refill pans.  The refill pans retail for $5.99 each and I decided to go that way.  

I have had one loose Inglot shadow for months that I needed to throw in a palette so I decided that this was as good of an excuse as any to go ahead and pick up a little zPalette (which, conveniently are also sold at the Makeup Geek store).

I picked up shadows in Cinderella, Bling, Homecoming and Unexpected.



Cinderella - shimmery pink.

Bling - frosty ivory

Homecoming - medium brown with gold shimmer

Unexpected - Matte pale pink brown



Very recently, Makeup Geek launched their own line of lipsticks.  They currently have 16 colors.  They retail for $7.99 each.




(L-R)
Adorable - creamy yellow based pink
Ravishing - matte bright red (the description says blue-based red, but I think it leans more orange)
Elegant - Deep rose red

This is just a haul post.  I will do a more in depth review of these items.  All items were purchased by me with my own money.




P.S.

You can sort of tell in the picture above, but the Adorable lipstick arrived damaged.  I have to say that it has been BOILING hot here - above 110 F, which I'm sure had something to do with the damage.  I sent Makeup Geek's customer service account an email before 8am on a Sunday morning and in less than an hour they informed me that they were shipping me a replacement.  Fantastic customer service.  I could not be more impressed with that.

In case you're curious about the carnage, here is a picture of the damaged lipstick.



12 comments:

  1. Haven't watched the video yet but I just love Marlena and MUG, loving the look of adorable lipstick and cinderella shadow, keen to hear what you think!

    http://superficialsydney.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used them both a couple of times and I am IN LOVE!

      Delete
  2. The eyeshadows look really nice. I have heard nothing but great things about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really impressed, especially at this price point.

      Delete
  3. Just want some eyeshadows myself. I've seen/read lots and lots of positive reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great. I'd definitely recommend trying them out.

      Delete
  4. Eee i've had my eye on some MUG shadows for a while! They look gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely. I hope you get to check them out.

      Delete
  5. love makeup geek products! i have three of their lipsticks and a whole bunch of eyeshadows! couldnt be happier with the quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you. They are awesome!

      Delete
  6. These sounds like great items, I've never heard of makeup geek before so I will definitely have to look into their products.

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check them out. They're awesome.

      Delete