I signed up last month after seeing the April 2012 Sample Society box brimming with skincare products from Boscia, DDF, Murad and more. So here's this month's Sample Society box:
The box contains:
- Colorescience loose mineral travel puff in Illuminating Pearl Powder (retails for $10)
- StriVectin-SD Intensive Concentrate for Stretch Marks and Wrinkles .75oz. deluxe sample (retails for about $35/oz)
- Alterna Bamboo Color Care UV+ Fade-Proof Fluide .25oz. deluxe sample (retails for about $10/oz.)
- Stila Forever Your Curl deluxe sample (full size is $22)
- Astor Place by Bond No. 9 Eau de Parfum sample (50mL retails for $175)
The Sample Society beauty box is offered by Beauty Bar with Allure magazine. It costs $15 per month. You get 5 deluxe samples from luxury brands per month.
I'm not blown away.
With the exception of the Stila mascara, I wasn't really familiar with any of these products. I've seen StriVectin, but not the SD product in particular. I've used the Alterna Bamboo line, but not the Color Care Fluide. I've never even heard of Colorescience or Bond No. 9 before.
That said, I'm not terribly disappointed. Though I'm not familiar with some of these products, I am somewhat curious about them and I'll happily try them out. The Colorescience travel puff is the loser of the box for me, but I'll give it a try.
Am I going to keep the subscription? Yes. For now. I'll give it another couple of months and then decide if it's worth it or not.
What about you guys? Do any of you get a box from Sample Society? How do you think this month's box stacks up against previous boxes?