Monday, May 7, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorstay Polish in Stormy Night

It is a gray, drippy Monday morning here, so in honor of that, let's take a look at the Revlon Colorstay nail polish in #200, Stormy Night.



Currently, I do not have a nail polish hoarding problem (at least in comparison to my other makeup and skincare hoarding), so I had no idea that Revlon nail polish is actually pretty decent these days.  I had tried it a long, long time ago and the quality was just awful, so I hadn't given the line any thought.

But recently, Judi at Middleaged Beauty Queen and April at All Things April had both mentioned Revlon polishes as being really good dupes for higher end polishes.  You'd have to ask Judi for the details, but I know there are several Revlon dupes for Chanel polishes, and I think a Deborah Lippmann one as well.

Anyway, so I've been paying more attention to Revlon polishes lately, especially considering I've been able to get them for less than $5 a bottle.


As far as I know, Stormy Night is not a dupe for a higher end polish, but I was really drawn to it.  It's a really warm gray with definite red undertones.  It is fairly opaque in one coat, but I put on 2 just to get better wear.

I wore it for 2 days without any noticeable chipping which is noteworthy for me.  I finally removed it to try out another polish, but I really do like it.

What do you guys think about gray polish?  Yay?  Nay?

.4 oz $5 - $8 wherever Revlon polishes are sold.  I got mine at CVS.

Overall:  10/10

6 comments:

  1. I really like gray polish, love this shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why exactly I picked it up, but I do like it.

      Delete
  2. Im not really drawn to a shade like this. Id like it more of it had a purple'ish' tone or some shimmer in it. Everything is better with shimmer! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Every now and then I feel the need to go shimmer free, but in general, I agree with you.

      Delete
  3. Greyshytaupypurpley type of polishes are my fav at the moment!

    ReplyDelete