Monday, May 28, 2012

Review: Butter London The Old Bill


Butter London's The Old Bill is described as a burnished copper with an antique patina.  On the Butter London website, it definitely looks coppery.  In person, it's trickier.  Inside under incandescen lights it is a decidedly warm copper with a tinge of pink.  In sunlight and under fluorescent daylight bulbs it is often straight up gold with almost no hint of copper.



I picked this up in a MUA swap a couple of weeks ago.  It wears well on me.  I get some chipping after about a day and a half, but I can wear it for up to a week before it's so bad (by my standards) that I have to remove it completely.

(under fluorescent daylight bulb)

(sunlight)

(flash)

So I was really wanting this polish to be a rose gold - I'm not sure why.  But it isn't.  So for that reason alone, I'm a little underwhelmed with it.  If you're looking for a warm gold polish, it's great.  I just wasn't looking for that.

The formula applied very smoothly.  It was mostly opaque in one coat, but I always apply two coats regardless along with a base coat and top coat.  As I've said before, I adore the packaging on the Butter London polishes and that is absolutely one of the reasons I am so drawn to the brand.

Like all Butter London polishes, it contains 11mL of product and retails for $14 wherever Butter London is sold.

Overall:  8/10

8 comments:

  1. That is a pretty color on you, I know what you mean though about a rose gold. I would love to find one. I think that is part of why I have 7 gold nail polishes!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever find a good rose gold let me know, lol. For now I shall keep searching ...

      Delete
  2. One of my old fav polishes! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color seems really pretty even if it isn't rose gold.


    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, true. I feel kinda bad knocking it for not being my misunderstanding.

      Delete