Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Present: Dior Garden Clutch!

Several weeks ago, I was sitting on my couch surfing the web while my husband and the kiddo watched a movie and I came across a description of the Dior Garden Clutch.  It was love at first sight.  However, there was a pretty significant price tag attached to the product :(  I showed the clutch to my husband and explained to him that I couldn't justify purchasing it.

Then the very next day (I'm NOT making that up), Judi from Middleaged Beauty Queen had a video about the Dior Garden Clutch.  LOL!

Anyway, I tried to put the Garden Clutch out of my mind.  (Mostly unsuccessfully)

For Mother's Day, I received this beautiful package from my daughter.

And let me be clear, but honestly, the best present was just being with my family.  The fact that my husband paid attention to what I said and then ordered it and orchestrated the delivery with my kiddo was beyond priceless.

But I did love the present ;)


I had a pretty good idea what it was, but I still got incredibly excited when I opened the present.


And then, of course, I was just beside myself with glee, so I took a bunch of pictures.









The shadows are so creamy, they're like butter.  There is definite shimmer to the brown and pink shades, but nothing too crazy.  The pink isn't terribly pigmented and it looks very light on the skin.  the white looks much whiter in the pan.  On the skin, its blue-green glitter makes it look more seafoam green than white.



I did swatch the glosses, but they are both so sheer that they don't really show up at all, so here's a closeup of the glosses in the pan..  



18 comments:

  1. Congrats on having such an attentive husband! If I show something to my boyfriend, he will buy the total opposite haha...
    (But it doesn't upset me, he has his qualities :) - just don't tell him I said that. )
    Can't wait to see the video too, I have to get home first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I really wasn't subtle at all, which helped ;)

      Delete
  2. Very Nice! Enjoy it as much as I do my Mothers Day gift - a Tassimo coffee maker. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, the coffee maker would be good too.

      Delete
  3. Perfect! Very jealous even though I'm not a mom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed. Previous presents haven't been this good. lol.

      Delete
  4. OMG! What an amazing gift. Your husband is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was so impressed with him.

      Delete
  5. aww that's so sweet of them! Pretty sure they think you deserved it!
    Phlox

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely deserved it!! It is beautiful. It is something I would love to have but wouldn't use, it is too pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I have a rule about things being useful, so I have to use it. But it did make me a little sad to dig into the little flower patterns. Soo cute!

      Delete
  7. O, what a beautiful present. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great! I love mine and I do use it, almost every day. I love the brown in my crease and I use the lightest color for highlight. I also use the pink so eti e's to warm up my eyes. I hadn't used the lip gloss for the longest time. I told my daughter Jilly she could use it, and she did including the lip gloss, so now that it is smudged I've been using it and it is great! The bet lip gloss!
    Oh, someone told me there are refills for it and that next year will be new colors that you can pop in. I haven't seen that yet, but I believe her. That's why I decided I was going to use it and enjoy every minute of doing so!
    Omg, I love my Dior Garden Clutch palette, almost as much as my CHANEL, almost.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I sort of hate using it because it's so pretty, but at the same time, what's the point of having it if you don't use it? I've been trying to use mine a lot. I am soooo happy to have it! I don't have a Chanel palette to compare it to, LOL! but I do love it.

      Delete