Monday, April 30, 2012

Review: Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dreams

The nail polish Mermaid's Dream by Deborah Lippmann is described as "seafoam splendor" at the official Lippmann website.

The polish was featured in Oprah's O Magazine for April 2012, which I didn't know.  I saw it at Vampy Varnish and knew I had to snag a bottle.  It is gorgeous.  





The polish is a beautiful blue/green super glittery polish.  The glitter is micro-glitter in gold, blue and green.  The polish is sheer and uneven in one coat, like almost all glitter polishes.  However, in two coats, this polish is opaque.  I'm not sure how, given that it's really sheer in 1 coat, but the whole is apparently greater than the sum of the parts. 



This polish wears fantastically well.  In my experience, most glitter polishes will wear better than non-glitter polishes.  But even considering that it is a glitter polish, this wears like a champ.  The only downside to that is that when you want to take it off, be prepared to invest some time.

The bottle contains 15mL of product and retails for $18 wherever Lippmann polishes are sold.  (I got mine at Nordstrom).

When I first saw the swatches at Vampy Varnish and hadn't yet seen the polish in person, I thought Revlon Radiant might be a decent dupe.  It's not.  I submit the photograph below as evidence.




13 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fainting! i hate seeing these types of polishes, because it only makes me wish that i had an eyeshadow and glitter exactly this tone so that i can have this on my eyes!
    but anyway, i could go for just having the nails in this, since it shockingly beautiful!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the Lit Cosmetics glitter in Peacock S2? It's not dead on, but it's close ;)

      Delete
    2. Ooo..Mermaid's Dream matching eyeshadow? Swoon worthy idea.

      Delete
  3. Mermaid Dream is gorgeous! Nope that Revlon cant hold a candle to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of feel sorry for the Revlon. It's definitely the ugly stepsister.

      Delete
  4. Great pictures! This one is a tough cookie to photograph :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It really is. And though the pictures turned out okay they still don't come close to capturing how truly beautiful this polish is.

      Delete