Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mall Haul: MAC, Loft, Sephora, Lush

Is it wrong that every time I go to write "mall haul", I always write "maul haul".  LOL.  Anyway so my daughter and I headed to the mall last Saturday for a 'girls day out'.

Our first stop was the MAC counter at Nordstrom.  I went there to see if I could pre-order or put a hold on a few items that are coming out this week in the collections MAC is launching.  I got a 'no' on both questions :(  But I did pick up a couple of MAC lipsticks.  I have been wanting MAC Viva Glam V for a while, but after seeing Tanya Burr's video on her top 10 MAC lipsticks, I decided to pick up Cream In Your Coffee as well.

We stopped at Sephora and I took advantage of the VIB 15% off.  I picked up a NARS lipstick in Cruising which looked disappointingly like the MAC Viva Glam V.  After close inspection, Crusing is considerably sheerer and Viva Glam V is pinker.  They're different I tell you.  Different.



I also picked up NARS Sheer Matte foundation in Mont Blanc.  Siberia looked a little too light (and too yellow).  Then I got it home and yeah, Mont Blanc is too dark, so I will be exchanging it this weekend.  Bah.  I suppose I should be grateful that I can just go exchange it.

We also went to Loft and I used a gift certificate to pick up a bracelet I've been wanting for quite a while.


We also got a TON of stuff at Lush, but I didn't get it photographed.  If you want to see it, you're going to need to watch our Mall Haul video.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very pleased with them as well.

      Delete
  2. I really like the Viva Glam V, but I can never justify buying NARS lip products... So much money for one that's so sheer... I love the bracelet, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first Nars lip product I'd tried and I really do like it. I'm not sure I like it at that price point. I've been carrying it around in my purse all week to convince myself I'll get enough use out of it to justify the cost.

      Delete