Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Favorites: March 2012

So this month I actually did a video of my favorites, but for those of you who would prefer it in writing, this is a list of my current favorites.


 L'Oreal Clean Artiste Waterproof Makeup Remover

This is a two phase makeup remover, meaning it has both an oil and a water component.  I know a lot of people don't particularly care for oil based makeup removers, but I love it.  I wear a lot of long wear and waterproof eye products and they can be a real bear to try and remove.  I've tried tons of different makeup removers and of all of them, the L'Oreal Clean Artiste remains my favorite.

It retails for around $8 and you can get it anywhere L'Oreal products are sold.


Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks - 08, 12

These are from the Kate Moss collection for Rimmel.  They do have special matte black packaging with a stylized red "Kate".  The lids both have the Rimmel signature embossing.  The lipsticks are both fairly opaque with good pigmentation.  They skew toward the nude side of things, but number 12 is a surprisingly wearable version of the orange/tangerine color that's so popular this season.

About $6 whereever Rimmel products are sold.



Real Techniques Core Collection set
I absolutely love the Real Techniques brushes and this set in particular is well worth the money.  While I don't use the foundation or the detailer brush, the buffing brush and the contour brush are daily go-tos.  As with the entire range, they are synthetic brushes.  Super soft, no shedding and they hold their shape well even with regular deep cleaning.  My only issue with these is that I wish the contour and buffing brushes were sold separately.  I'd definitely pick up 2 or 3 more of each.

And at their US price point, you can get an entire set of brushes for very close to what you'd pay for a single brush from another retailer.  (Sigma F82 Kubuki brush - $14)

Available in the US at drugstore.com,  Ulta, Amazon or the Real Techniques website for $18.


Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzer

So this product is not cheap, but it is lovely.  It's a gel consistency matte bronzer.  As far as I am aware, there really aren't any dupes.  There is enough bronzer in this container to last me YEARS.  It is very buildable and blends beautifully into the skin.

$48 whereever Chanel products are sold.

Inglot Matte Shadow Palette

This is one of Inglot's customizable Freedom System palettes.  I filled mine with matte brown/nude shades.  I use this palette every single day.  Not a lot of companies do matte shadows well, but Inglot certainly is one of them.  These shadows are so creamy and so pigmented.  They are just beautiful.  Beware though, the website sucks.

5-pan palette ($10) + shadows ($5 x 5)  = $35 at Inglot.com

Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Mascara

I wasn't crazy about this mascara when I first got it, but it's definitely grown on me.  It is super pigmented and surprisingly buildable.  I don't have any issues with it flaking off or smudging throughout the day.  It was pretty watery when I first opened it, but it's dried out now and I like the consistency a lot better.

$19 from Tarte.

Milani Baked Bronzer - 04 Glow

While I wouldn't actually use this product as a bronzer, and definitely not as a contour, I think it is an absolutely beautiful blush.  It's a very sheer golden pinky color with shimmer.  It's lovely and great for spring and summer.

Around $10 wherever Milani is sold.

MAC Mineralize Concealer - NW15

This concealer covers my dark circles, doesn't cake up and wears well throughout the day.  Three things no drugstore concealer and a whole lot of high end concealers have never managed to do.  Worth it's weight in gold.

$19 from MAC.

Too Face Shadow Insurance - no picture :(

I am a firm believer that the "best" primer is going to completely depend on your skin type and the products you're applying on top.  For my skin type and the types of shadows and liners I wear, the Too Face shadow insurance is the best primer I've found to keep my eye makeup lasting all day.

$18 from Too Face.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shares. I'm going to look into the makeup remover, lipsticks, and brush set. All seem like such a good value.

    ReplyDelete