Wednesday, April 25, 2012

11 Questions Tag!

I was tagged to do this by the lovelies, Azure and Phlox at Eye Graffiti. If you haven't seen their blog, check it out right now.  Those two are sorcerers.  Thar be magic in that blog, I tell you.

Rules:

1. Each tagged person must answer the 11 questions given to them by their "tagger" and post it on their blog.
2. Then, choose 11 new people to tag and link them in your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. Go to their page and tell them they've been tagged!
5. Do not tag back the person who has already tagged you.

So here are the questions I have to answer:


1. If you could be a mutant, what mutant power would you have?

Um ... I don't know.  There are the obvious ones like flying or reading minds, but those seem like they'd be more trouble than they're worth.  I guess I'd pick something like Wolverine's healing powers.  If I could avoid ever getting another cold or flu or papercut in my life, that would be awesome.

2. Lipstick on the eyes, or eyeshadow on the lips?

Eyeshadow on the lips definitely.  Lipstick on the eyes seems like it would just be a creasy mess.

3. Which song is the ultimate best song with lyrics, music and artist included?

I love Stand By Me as sung by John Lennon.

4. Do you feel uncomfortable having someone else doing your make up? 

Uncomfortable no.  I think it would be interesting to see what someone else decided to do with my features. If nothing else, I think it would give me ideas that maybe I hadn't thought of or give me the opportunity to try out new products.  And even if it's awful, I can just wash it off.  There is an ick factor wondering about sanitation of products and brushes, but I could get past it.

5. Which celebrity would you like to do a total make over on, and why?

As far as actual celebrity, none are popping to mind.  If we're going to include reality stars and the like, then Courtney Stodden.  I just ... I don't even know where to start with all the interventions that girl needs.

6. Which make up trend is getting no where near your face?

The androgynous/pretty boy look.  Just ... no.  Not on me.

7. What's your magic trick to get the perfect looking complexion? 

Full coverage foundation though I don't think that really counts as a trick.  Sheer it out a little with a damp beauty blender type sponge or damp buffing brush so you can use less product while still getting the necessary coverage.  You want to make sure you cover imperfections without making it look like it's caked on so it takes some experimentation depending on skintype and time of year.

8. Color your hair like the rainbow or shave it all off?

Either?  Neither option terrifies me, but both seem like kind of a pain.  I mean, if I was forced to choose between the two I guess I would probably shave it all off just because rainbow hair would take a ton of maintenance.  I love the way super short hair looks on women, but at the same time I cringe at the thought of what a pain it would be to grow it out again when it's in that awkward in-between stage.  As far as rainbow hair, I've had pretty much every hair color there is and while it's fun, I don't really have the time or energy for that kind of maintenance.

9. Best liquid or gel eyeliner you've ever laid your hands on?

Vincent Longo liquid eyeliner.

I absolutely LOVED that stuff.  It was super pigmented and had incredible staying power without needing paint stripper to get it off at the end of the day.  Sephora used to carry it, but they stopped a year or two ago and it was a sad, sad day for me.  For a while, you could get it directly from the Vincent Longo site, but now it's just gone *sob*.  I feel like I have tried every liquid eyeliner out there and while I have my favorites, none of them measure up to the Vincent Longo eyeliner.

10. What brand do you own most of your make up from and why?

At this point probably MAC though I can't say I feel any particular loyalty to them.  I picked up things one, but it's accumulated quite a bit.  I have a decent amount of Tarte and NARS as well.

11. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?

I would have a basement in my house.  Boring, right?  I live in Tornado Alley and not having a basement is very worrysome :(



So now, on to my questions!

1.  What is your favorite flower and why?
2.  Is there a particular beauty product that you've been dying to try but haven't yet?  If so, why haven't you tried it?
3.  Do you have a signature color (e.g. purple eyeshadow, pink lips)?
4. What do you do when you feel like you're in a rut with your hair?
5.  What is one TV show, book or movie that you secretly love but are embarrassed to admit?
6.  What makeup trends did you embrace in the past that you now hate so much you've burned every picture of you sporting the look?
7.  What types of perfume scents do you gravitate toward?  Does it change for the seasons?
8.  What is your favorite type of red lip to wear? (anything from strawberry chapstick to full on lacquer finish fire engine red lip)
9.  How do you achieve a summer glow?  Do you like a real tan, fake tan, bronzer, abstain completely and hide in the shade?
10.  What was your last beauty product fail?  Did you return it?  If not, why?
11.  How do you plan on having fun this summer (or winter if you're down under)?

I tag:

Ree at Grow & Create
Simera at Beauty Make Up Addict
Kunoor at Round Cheeks
April at All Things April
Judi at Middleaged Beauty Queen
Audra at her YouTube Chanel
Gemma at Lipgloss Lily
Stacey at Ace Stace Beauty
Cortney at Cosmetics by Cortney
Keri at Beauty Is My Crush
Dawn at MissDawn1012's Beauty Blog



8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for tagging me girl. I will work on tonight.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me. I will def work on this. I will have something up by the week end! You thought I was going to say I've already done it, didn't you? Ha!

    Xoxo
    -- Judi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I actually checked first this time. Miracles do happen ;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag! I'll do it soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. tags are fun sometimes to do and to read, you can even find out some new things about yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it took me so long to respond to this! Thanks for tagging me, I'll do this soon cause I really like the questions you asked!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just realized you tagged me! LOL I'm late here.. I'll work on it soon! =) Thanks!! Soo fun reading your responses

    ReplyDelete